27 October 2013

Exchange Day 63 - Beads and fountains

It's been quite some time since I travelled alone and I kind of miss it, so today I went to 부산진시장 (Busanjin Market) alone to get more beads for my (bad pun alert) art-ventures!

Busanjin Market is a wholesale building which sells cloth, clothes, jewellery, ribbons, blankets and all sorts of related stuff. It's a short walk from the Busanjin Station but I recommend taking a public bus as it directly drops you at the front of the building. I took Bus 2 from the bus stop at the cross junction just outside Dong A University.

The bus dropped me at the opposite side of the road so I entered the building using the overhead bridge and ended up on the second floor. Like the first floor, the second floor sells blankets, traditional clothes, normal clothes and various linen, and the shops are in such close proximity to one another it's really difficult to find your way around if you're not very sure of where you're heading. It sure doesn't help with all the goods being hung so high up and looming like vultures over you innocent tourists. Not recommended for the claustrophobic.

The beads that I was looking for are found on the third storey of the building, at the far end of where you'll most probably be coming from. It's hard to explain exactly where it is (since I'm not even sure myself) but it's near the escalators, if you manage to even find that. But once you get to the shops, you can knock yourself out picking your favourite bits and pieces from the wide variety of beads, gems, charms and finished accessories. The beads are mostly sold in strings and depending on the size and finishing, the beads can cost from 3,000W to 6,000W per string. Charms, on the other hand, are not sold in bulk but individually and there are lots of different kinds you can choose from - metallic, embellished, clay and the list goes on. You need some patience to search for the perfect charm as even the shopkeepers are not sure of every single design they have available.


Oh by the way, breakfast and lunch were both bread I got from PB yesterday! Since today I predicted that I would be spending a lot on beads and other frivolous stuff, I decided to save money by not eating out!

Seeing that my budget was quickly exhausted and I still had lots of time before I had to meet my friends, I decided to roam around the area, just to see if I can find any more interesting sights. My plan was to walk along the subway line in the direction towards home such that not only can I exercise, I'll be sure that there's definitely (cheaper) buses to bring me back!

I found cheap cherry tomatoes at 2,000W for one whole bag!


Much to Murphy's delight, I ended up walking further and further away from home and in the end I walked so far away I was too tired to even think of walking back, so I contemplated taking the subway. Luckily for me, I saw a bus heading towards home so I took it and I managed to save thirty cents on transport. (beams)

I met my friends at five and we had dinner before heading off to watch the Dadaepo Fountain show near the Dadaepo Beach. Under a friend's recommendation, we had spicy beef and mushroom shabu shabu, which cost around 8,000W per person. For the amount of food we had, I would say that 8,000W was a steal. There were a total of three courses, the first being the spicy beef and mushroom soup, then we had handmade noodles and fried rice respectively for the other two courses.






The noodles were so soft and smooth, it was a refreshing change from my usual where I'll have it slightly uncooked to retain its floury taste and spring. I was so busy eating I forgot about taking a photo so there're no photos of the noodles. The fried rice had a nice egg fragrance to it and was addictive even after we were stuffed from the previous two courses. The spring onions came in large chunks though, so those who dislike onions might avoid this dish but then again its size makes it easy to pick out. The only tiny flaw I could nitpick was that it was a little too damp for my liking, I wish it was crispier and more burnt.

After dinner, we headed to Dadaepo Fountain to watch its daily musical fountain show. It's a 45min bus ride from Hadan and you can reach it by taking Bus 338. (I forgot where was the bus stop we took it from) We reached there way ahead of time so we had lots of time to chill and take photos before the show started. The beach was freezing but we had lots of fun nevertheless! The fountain show lasted for around twenty five minutes, but here's a short video. Hope you feel like you're in Disneyland too. :)


xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment