23 October 2013

Exchange Day 59 - My heart breaks into two

If the price of the air tickets doesn't drop, I swear I'll never forgive myself. I might forget but I'll probably never forgive. (depressed)

The other day I was searching for cheap tickets back to Singapore from Taipei when I found unbelievably cheap tickets from Scoot at S$125. It really baffles me why I didn't buy it on the spot. What else could I possibly be waiting for? The sky to drop a free ticket?! So today when I finally worked up the nerve to book my air ticket, the price soared to one and a half times its original price. No doubt it's still affordable but the very thought of having to fork out $60 just like that really kills me.

I'm going to wait for the price to drop again. (determined)

For breakfast today, I had a blueberry and cream cheese danish and a stick of milk bread from PB! Maybe it's because I left the danish overnight, the pastry turned soft and wasn't as crispy as it ought to be. The blueberry jam and cream cheese tasted great individually but I wanted it to blend and I could only choose one per bite, owing to my small mouth (teehee), so it was sad. Come to think of it, maybe I should have folded the danish so that I would get both flavours in each bite without having to tear my cheek muscles. The milk bread was so-so, as the Koreans like to say. The milk tasted more like airy whipped cream and lacked the fragrance of milk, which was disappointing.

(left) Blueberry cream cheese danish for 1,600W and (right) milk bread for 700W!


Lunch was, in comparison, so much more satisfying as not only was I famished by lunchtime, my favourite 닭갈비보끔밥 (satay chicken rice) was on the menu!!! I was so tempted to get another serving after I gobbled my first plate in a hurry over an intense discussion of who the true heroes of Korean nationalism should be. We can always count on the stress of exams to ruin the joys of eating.



Under the pretext of compensating myself for having lost a discount and being lied to when they said exchange was all about having fun, I bought myself a vanilla ice cream cone! On hindsight, my day turned out great so I should probably spit out the cone. Although I felt a little guilty eating sweet treats without gymming (I haven't been hitting the gym for a while now), it was so worth the calories as the ice cream stayed frozen to the very last bite, just the way I like it!



Every exam day is a day to enjoy good food, so I had kimchi dumplings and cheese kimbab at 김밥전국! 김밥전국 is a popular franchise that sells the usual korean food such as kimbab at affordable prices. Depending on the size of the outlet, the number of variations of the same dish may differ. Although reviews from friends say that it's not that delicious, I wanted to try for the sake of it, for it's very commonly found in Korea and it would be weird if I left without visiting at least once.


The kimchi dumplings had a chew to it, which I liked, and were tasty although I would prefer the kimchi taste to be stronger. The cheese kimbab, on the other hand, was too salty for me as they used American cheddar cheese, which overpowered the other ingredients in the roll.




The part after dinner wasn't that exciting and to summarise my non-food portion of the day, I had two papers, both of which were doable and made me a relieved and happy girl.

xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment