17 October 2013

Exchange Day 53

I woke extra early for breakfast today as we were having my favourite dishes! I really like beansprouts, even though my mom always says it's a cheap vegetable, but the mung beansprouts here aren't the same as the ones back home. As mung beansprouts are larger, the bean part is harder than normal beansprouts but beggars can't be choosers. The cocktail sausages are flavourful bites that explode into juicy goodness when you sink your teeth in, sending you to meat heaven. And of course, they look adorable.

(top row) Mung beansprouts and cocktail sausages with onions and carrots. (bottom row) White rice and radish-tofu-miso soup.




Since today's the first day after I collected my new charger head, of course I have to spend every single minute of my life with Mac after our week-long hiatus. I brought him to school and we went for a lunch date at my favourite spot in PB after class where I showed him my favourite breads. Good times, good times.

He complains that I dress him up as a girl and I always put food on him.

My favourite breads are starting to become not so favourite anymore. I think I should stop eating them. The toast tastes like a giant sugar cube and the roll is very satisfying but boring.


I had dinner at the school cafeteria before the next class and I chose 정식 like always. I need a little variation in my life sometimes, I need to go out and eat more often! Cafeteria food is not doing my stomach justice, although my wallet seems to like it.

Dinner was so-so. The cuttlefish was so rich in umami I had to stuff mouthfuls of rice in between bites and the kimchi is too salty. I hate to say this but I'm starting to get sick of kimchi. My mom says she used to eat it when she was young to diet, but I think my kidneys would probably die faster than my fats if I do that here. Too much salt. The nuggets were pretty tasty even though the sauce was a little too sweet. The best part of the entire meal was the hot and spicy soup, which is comforting in the cold weather and whetted my appetite (enough to finish the rest of the food).




Blogging about food at night really makes me hungry. But, no.

xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment