21 October 2013

Exchange Day 57

I woke up early to get breakfast from the cafeteria even though I still had cookies leftover from yesterday! Breakfast was spicy greens and ketchup minced meat with rice and spicy radish beansprout soup for 2,300W. The cafeteria lady gave me a packet of salted laver today, which was weird because the laver is normally distributed only when they run out of food. Could it be part of their secret exam welfare? Today's the first day of midterms but I don't have a paper so reality hasn't struck me yet. It will tomorrow.


Guilt has finally caught up with me so I decided to spend some time mugging today instead of wasting my time away! I should have done this long time ago because even though I didn't study as much as I would like to, it was the most fulfilling day by far! Not only did I finish compiling notes for two modules, I even had time to Bitstrip and level up on Pottermore! Wonders of time management.

Lunch was tonkatsu with ham fried rice for 3,000W. Although I don't particularly enjoy fried rice, I was too lazy to hike down the mountain to get other food plus the fried rice here tastes better than the ones back home because they use short-grained rice which I love! So I ate it, albeit a little begrudgingly. It turned out to be a good choice as the fried rice was actually delicious! It was much drier than the last time I had it, which was a turnoff because I absolutely detest wet and mushy rice. Partly why I rarely eat porridge too. The tonkatsu was fried to crisp perfection, although the mushroom sauce tasted a little sweet.



Although I complain that the yoghurt drink yesterday was too expensive, I bought another flavour today because I can't resist trying everything at least once. I liked today's apple version more than the strawberry one though because it was not as sweet and rich. The yoghurt felt lighter and smoother as it trickled down my happy throat.



I didn't go down to the cafeteria for dinner because two meals of rice was enough for one day. I can't eat so much of the rice here lest I suffer from constipation again. But I did spend the entire late afternoon munching on my potato chips and biscuit stash. So much for ingesting less carbohydrates.

This is my favourite out of the five even though I'm still not quite sure what it is! It tastes a lot like Subway's White Chip Macadamia Nut though!

Chocolate walnut tasted meh.




My favourite cheese flavoured baked potato chips! Tastes like french fries and doesn't reek of oil like some potato chips do! One box of four packets for 3,150W!



xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment