24 October 2013

Exchange Day 60 - Fried Chicken Galore

Today's the last day of my exams! (pulls poppers) Although I had one whole day to study for my paper, I spent the entire day fussing over my accommodation and plane tickets for my trip after finals. I couldn't sleep well the previous night because I was still moping about my Scoot ticket in my dreams and I wanted to settle it so I can finally get it off my head. (mom and dad if you're reading this, I had already prepared for my exam in advance so don't worry)

Breakfast was spicy tofu and fried fish nuggets with rice and beef soup with radish and potatoes. The spicy tofu was so-so, I didn't like the sauce as it had a hint of fermented taste but I ate it all nevertheless. The fish nuggets were good, but they were better on their own without the ketchup sauce. I think unless the sauces are specially made for the dish, we should always eat food plain so that we'll get to experience their true taste. Sauces are there to help us ingest bland or disgusting food.



I didn't have lunch because I was still full from breakfast but I did grab a bread from Paris Baguette before setting off for my paper! I love having bread with milk, even better if the milk is low in fat, makes me feel less guilty about drinking it so often. As I was craving something savoury, I got myself a Sausage Foccacia (I think that was what it was), which looked small but was actually quite filling. The bread was soft, fluffy and not too oily, and the cheese tasted perfect with the chicken sausage. I like it when I eat and the sauce gets on the sides of my mouth because it means that I'm really enjoying my food. Weird theory but I'm like that.


I love it when I receive letters from my friends in Singapore. They're like a piece of home and every time I read the letters, it feels as if their authors are sitting right in front of me talking to me. Thanks Eggy and Tams!


The paper was pretty easy and I left early to meet my room-mate in Nampo! We planned to get the album that she really wanted of her favourite singer from the department store and celebrate the end of our exams with a sumptuous dinner. But as her paper ended early, she went ahead with her friends to Nampo to celebrate one of their birthdays so she had some food before we met. I'm happy that she and a friend still felt hungry so they joined me for dinner and we could eat fried chicken at 칠칠!

A cute study planner I saw in the mall but would never buy. How to study properly with the blatant spelling error?!


I had chicken at 칠칠's once before this and I remember that it tasted awesome but I think food always taste the best the first time you try it. For customers who cannot decide on a single flavour, their half-half option allows for two flavours in a single basket and we chose Original and Sweet Chili. Depending on the flavours chosen, each basket of chicken may cost up to 16,000W but is good for two to three people as their servings are humongous.

(left to right) Salted popcorn, coleslaw with thousand island and pickled cucumber! Their side dishes are refillable and my favourite is the cucumber! I don't like salted popcorn and the thousand island is a little too rich.


The chicken comes with fries and wedges too! The fries are so-so but the wedges are really to die for!

After our very satisfying dinner, we walked around the streets of Nampo before heading to our usual haunt to grab breakfast for the next day. I was a good girl and resisted the temptation of getting their bundle box, which was aptly titled "Shocking Bread Box" for its unbelievable low price. I couldn't stop laughing at the name and it amused me so much I had to buy myself a Royal Pudding to calm myself down. I haven't had the chance to try the one back home but seeing that this was much cheaper, albeit a little smaller, I just had to get it.

And shocked me it did.



It turned out much better than I had expected it to be. I thought the pudding would be cloyingly sweet but the caramel tasted a bit burnt, which mediated its sweetness and complemented the smooth egg pudding. I don't normally eat pudding, but I'll definitely go back again for this!



My kooky friends fooling around with the trick-eye painting in the mall! I think I have to start working out in the gym again. All these fried food is killing me!

xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment