18 November 2013

Exchange Day 85

It's the election period for the Dong A Student Union this month and it's funny to watch how the students campaign. Other than printing huge banners with their faces blown up, they also dance cheerleader style on the roads opposite the shuttle bus stop. I might start voting if the nominees start dancing back in NTU too.

Look at their zest hahaha I couldn't resist snapping a few pictures.


I had a late lunch after my group project meeting, which was very efficient (I like), at Bongusu Burger opposite the Bumin campus. My Korean friend brought me there, although I've had it once, because I think he wanted to show me how to eat the rice burger Korean-style. In Singapore, we eat our rice burgers like normal burgers but over here, they serve the burgers on plates and we use spoons to eat them like normal rice.



According to my friend, the first step (other than unwrapping) is to pour a little water on the burger, so that the rice grains will not stick to the aluminium foil. Then, you wrap your burger again and flatten the burger with your palm. Unwrap the burger and mix the rice and the other ingredients thoroughly before enjoying the burger! Honestly, I don't know what's the point of having the rice in a burger if we are going to mix it up before eating it.

My original burger, which has kimchi and tuna mayo!


His chilli chicken ribs burger, which he describes to be 'messier' so I should take a photo of.
It's interesting knowing a different way to eat the burger although I still enjoy it most like a normal burger. :)

Dinner was fried udon noodles from GGgo, where they serve all their food in cups. I had always wanted to try it for it looks cute eating from a cup and today I finally forced myself to do it. Other than udon noodles, there's also fried rice, buckwheat noodles, curry rice and chicken cutlet rice. For my udon noodles, I had a choice between spicy or spicier (which is actually not much of a choice) and I reluctantly took spicy.





I could smell the bonito flakes the moment I opened the lid and so could everyone who were in the same study area as I was. I apologise if I made any of you hungry. The octopus cubes were very chewy and some tasted a bit like it was fake. The udon noodles were very tasty but they were so spicy I don't think I'm gonna order it again.

xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment