13 November 2013

Exchange Day 80

Today nothing much happened. It's probably the most boring day so far here. But the weather was really cold again today, it dropped to 3 degrees Celsius. My classmate told me that the newspaper reports this year's winter to be the coldest yet in Busan. My first winter and bam I got a big one. I really miss sunny Singapore and frozen yoghurt that actually melt.

Breakfast was half a packet of Snyder's Honey Mustard and Onion pretzel pieces I got from PB yesterday and six waffle biscuits. I was supposed to finish the entire packet but it was so salty I think I'll never ever buy it again. Nor try any of its other savoury flavours. The caramel one was pretty good though although it can potentially break my teeth. But, I love challenges.



As I didn't want to leave the room until I finished typing out my essay, which my professor didn't even bother checking (I think he forgot), lunch wasn't until I reached school and had only half an hour to chow down a meal. I hastily settled it in the school cafeteria.

I was deciding between tuna omurice and 정식 when I figured I owed myself more than just tomato rice and a thin slice of egg so I took the latter. I love it when a lack of time forces bursts of decisiveness out of me. Time's always wasted pondering over the many choices I always have to preempt myself on my next move. Sounds so robotic.

(left to right) Minced meat patties, fluffy white rice, kimchi cabbage, kimchi kelp, spicy mungbean sprouts and cabbage soup and potatoes with quail egg. No s.


Since lunch wasn't all that satisfying, I bought a packet of Chicken Pop! This time, I made sure to try the other flavour - Hot Chicken. Sure enough, it was hot. It's the first spicy snack to ever make me feel warm inside out (a wonderful winter snack) and I swear if I finished the entire packet in one go I could breathe fire.


My classmate gave me a chocolate from Jeju Island. She got it from her mother's friend, who had travelled to Jeju Island. It's so cute and tasty.



Dinner was a small cup of fried chicken and hashbrowns from the stall opposite school and our favourite Isaac Toast! I should have tried other flavours but I didn't feel like being adventurous so I stuck with the usual ham and cheese.





The christmas drinks are out at Starbucks! As usual, I drank Toffee Nut Latte. The two other flavours are Christmas Cookie latte and Mocha Praline. My room mate took the cookie one and it tastes like gingerbread. I shall get that the next time! Okay I have nothing else to say, good night.



xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment