3 November 2013

Exchange Day 70 - Shopping at Centum City

I nearly missed breakfast this morning as I woke up just ten minutes before the dormitory cafeteria stopped its service. Thankfully, I'm not the sort to primp myself before meeting the world so I rushed straight down after I brushed my teeth and I made it with five minutes to spare!

Breakfast was mung bean sprouts and ketchup hotdogs with a mountain of rice and potatoes-flour dumpling soup. It's so annoying when breakfast is carbo-loaded because I feel like finishing all the dishes yet if I do, I wouldn't be able to have lunch and I'll get constipation again. The mung bean sprouts were very salty today but the ketchup hotdogs were good as usual. I think the thing I'll miss most after I leave Korea would be the fluffy white rice. I'm so tempted to buy one bag of rice back to Singapore, but that would be crazy.



My cash book ran out of space and I refuse to use any other books except for this particular one so I had to go down to Kyobo Bookstore in Centum City to get it today! Not that I'm very fond of travelling so far out but I checked other bookstores and Kyobo's other outlets and none of them carry this book, which leaves me with no choice.

I left the room at around 1pm and I decided that I would have lunch at Shinsegae since Daddy said to eat better food and not always scrimp and save. I was kind of hungry as I had breakfast really early and it would take at least an hour before I could reach the place, so I bought a sweet potato puff from PB to snack on the bus. I ended up finishing the pastry even before I reached the bus stop.

The sweet potato paste was fragrant and delectable, but the puff was a little hard. Still, not bad for 1,500W!


I wanted to be less of a scrooge and try one of the restaurants in Shinsegae but I walked the entire floor at least twice and I just can't bring myself to walk into any of them. The meals were really expensive and I'm not sure if they are loners-friendly because the restaurants were really crowded. Somehow everyone decided to have their lunch much later today. So I gave up and decided that I would go to the food court.

But before I could go, a huge dinosaur caught my eye. I knew that Shinsegae had a rooftop dinosaur park but I never know it's free of charge and open to the public. I always thought that visitors had to get a ticket to view the exhibition. The park is located on 9F right in between the Japanese restaurant and the grill bar. Most of the visitors there, like with the other sky parks, were families with young children, who were really adorable as they all started growling as soon as they saw the dinosaur sculptures.

This is a Stegosaurus. I still remember some dinosaur terms from young when my brother and I used to memorise names of dinosaurs for fun.


Map of the park.

This is a Triceratops.

Velociraptors are small but fiesty and they normally come in packs so they can take down dinosaurs larger than them.

The diplodocus used to be my favourite dinosaur because it's a vegetarian and seemed nice. 
Of course everyone knows this big guy with the tiny hands - Tyrannosarus Rex.

This tree reminds me of Singapore's Gardens by the Bay although I have never been there.

Pesky kids trying to steal Pterodactyl's eggs.

There are lots of huts like this in the park for tired parents to rest. Other than dinosaurs, this park features various metallic robot animals as well.

And there are also rides for little kids to enjoy! I'm not sure if they are charged though. 
Naughty Elephant Sprays Water.


I regret not updating my iOS to the latest one, which allows my iPhone to take panoramic photographs.

Little kids fold paper in paper boats and try to float their boat down a river into this pond.

At the end of the park is a pirate ship. I have no idea what's a pirate ship doing in a dino park.



After much deliberation in front of the electronic menu, I decided to get 부대찌개 (army stew) for 6,500W. The stone pot was really heavy and I almost didn't manage to make it back safely to my seat. I was so hungry I finished all my food except half a bowl of rice and the kimchi. The side dishes were delicious and so was the stew even though it was a little too spicy for me. Inside the stew there were luncheon meat, hotdogs, rice cake, sweet potato noodles, cabbage and even baked beans, which merged wonderfully to give a rich flavourful taste. I wished there was cheese in the stew!





Dinner was fried chicken and pumpkin from the basement food hall, which I snuck up into my room. (smirks) The chicken had no bones so there's no evidence to destroy. I wished I could have warmed it up though so that it'd taste better. The pumpkin was too cold.



xoxo, ❀

No comments:

Post a Comment